23rd Sunday of the Year CHURCH NOTICES Sunday 10th September 2023
1. On Monday our usual Mass at 10am will be replaced with a Prayer Service. Our 10am Mass continues as usual on other weekdays.
2. Our Monday evening Devotions continue as usual, with Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament at 6.30 p.m. This is followed at 7.00 p.m. by Rosary, the Novena Prayers and Benediction.
3. We pray for the three Dominican Students who were ordained this weekend to the Diaconate by Bishop Denis Nulty in St Saviour’s Church, Dominick Street.
4. The Annual Dominican Pilgrimage to Knock takes place this year on Sunday the 8th of October. The Cost is €50 per person travelling by Coach which includes a stop for refreshments on the way down, and a meal in the Shamrock Lodge, Athlone, on the return journey. If you wish to book a place, please do so at the Parish Office in the coming week.
5. Copies of the latest issue of the Irish Catholic are available at the back of the Church price €3
6. On next weekend of Sept 16 and 17, Crosscare will hold its Annual Appeal for Homeless Prevention Services. This will replace the Share collection at all Masses. Crosscare seeks your support to prevent more people from losing their homes as the housing and accommodation crisis continues.
7. We thank all who contribute weekly to the Church Envelope Collection by way of Envelope or Standing Order to the Bank. We appeal to every family in the Parish to lend their support to this most important collection. There is also the option of donating online by using the DONATE button on the Parish Website. If you follow our Mass on the webcam we appeal to your generosity to consider making a donation by using the Donate Button on our website.
8. The Churchgate Collection is our monthly collection for our local Conference of the St. Vincent de Paul. We ask you to show your usual generosity. Thank you.
Vigil Mass Fr Bill Holt OP (New York)
10am: Christopher Watts (ann), Mary Nolan (21st ann)
12noon Leo Murray (8th ann) and Pauline Murray (13th ann),
Patsy Heany (10th ann) ; Richard Scott (16th ann) and Margaret Scott (10th ann)
Catherine Skerrett (B/Rem), Margaret O’Reilly (ann)